Autism and Behavioural Science - Ontario College Graduate Certificate
This program is designed for students who have completed a recognized diploma or degree program in the areas of education or human services.
Training will focus primarily on working with children who have autism or behavioural challenges. Students will be introduced to a variety of procedures used to assess and treat challenging behaviours.
All courses are offered through distance learning. To qualify for this certificate, you must complete the program within six years. A grade of at least 60% (C) is required in each course. Students may be required to travel for their field placement.
• Graduate of an education or human services diploma or degree in Social Service Worker, Child and Youth Worker, Early Childhood Education, Educational Assistant, Recreation and Leisure Services, or Developmental Service Worker program.
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification. Students must remain current throughout the program up to time of graduation.
• Completion of a Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention Course (CPI) at the student’s own expense. Intervention Course (CPI) is a co-requisite course and must be completed by the end of Field Placement I. Students may be required to travel for this course.
• Completed Confidential Student Health Record.
• Up-to-date immunization and a recent 2-step TB skin test.
• Current Criminal Reference Check (must be less than one year old and renewed on a yearly basis). Certificate Requirements:
AUT100 Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) – Introduction
AUT105 Autism/ASD – Introduction
AUT110 Treating Challenging Behaviours
AUT115 Working with Families and Teams
AUT120 Ethics and Professionalism
OLE125 Autism – Field Placement 1 (140 hours)
Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training (NVCPI)
AUT130 Behavioural Skill Building
AUT135 Parent and Staff Training
AUT140 Specialized Instructional Strategies
AUT145 Transition Planning and Implementation
OLE150 Autism – Field Placement 2 (210 hours)
Every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy of information provided on our website. The college reserves the right to modify any course, program, curriculum, fee, timetable, or campus location at any time.